Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Advice for Novelists (Part 7)

C.J. Darlington, co-founder of TitleTrakk, is running a great series on her blog: She started a series of blog posts in which industry professionals (editors, agents, publicists, authors, etc.) share their responses to this question:

"If you could say one thing to aspiring novelists, what would you say?"

Rachelle Gardner had this to say... The biggest mistake I see novelists making is trying to get published too soon. My Native American friend Russell Means used to tell me, "It takes the time it takes." He was always trying to get me to stop rushing. Now that mantra sticks in my mind when I find myself trying to force something before its time. Read the rest here.


Rachelle Gardner, Literary Agent, WordServe Literary (Be sure to check out her terrific blog here that's full of more insights like this!)


Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends

1 comment:

Marcie Gribbin said...

Thanks Tricia (and Rachelle and CJ). This was just the advice and boost I needed today!

Blessings!