Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Year of no travel?


This year was supposed to be a quiet year. I decided I wasn't going to go to Mt. Hermon or ICRS--the International Christian Retailers Show. I didn't book much speaking events either, because I had books to write and I wanted to make sure to enjoy my son's senior year.

Well ... somehow things change. In January I travel to Chicago to work on a book with an amazing young women. In two weeks I'm traveling to San Diego to visit my sisters. (FUN!) In mid-May I'll be in Chicago again doing television and radio interviews. In June I'm joining John on a work trip. In July my whole family will be going on a three-week missions' trip to the Czech Republic. September is the ACFW conference (www.acfw.com) and in October my agent is hosting a mini-retreat. So much for staying home!

Yet the cool thing is ... because I didn't fill my schedule with my own agenda, these slots were open for things God wanted me to do. The mission trip was a surprise, but we are so excited about serving God. Traveling to spend time with family is a joy ... and it also reminds me that life isn't always about work.

In life it's easy for us to fill up our schedules with "good things." Personally, I'm trying to ditch the "good things" for "God things."

So, please keep me in your prayers as I travel. And watch for those travel notes!

Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends

No comments: