Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Writer's Digest Book Club

Deb Raney sent this to me...I thought I'd pass it along!

I'm sure many of you are already members of the Writer's Digest Book Club, but if you're not and you've thought about joining, now would be a great time to do it!

Not only do you get 4 book for under $20 (that includes shipping, and no more books to buy ever), but the selections in this month's catalog could not be more appropriate for Christian writers! Here are just a few of the featured selections:

*Christian Writers' Market Guide 2008 by Sally Stuart

*Writing the Christian Romance by Gail Gaymer Martin

*The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Christian Fiction by Ron Benrey

*The New Writer's Handbook 2007 (lots of contributors, including yours truly)

*Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott

*Plot & Structure by James Scott Bell

*Writing the Breakout Novel PLUS the workbook at a great savings!

*Stein on Writing (my personal favorite craft book ever) for $7.95!!!

...and TONS of other books for specific genres.

They also have Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary 11th Edition that includes a CD-Rom and a one-year subscription to the Collegiate Website at a discount. I find the website and the CD-Rom so valuable that I've re-subscribed ($14.99) every year since I bought my new dictionary. The website lets you hear words being pronounced! I use that feature all the time and let me tell you, it's headed off more than one fight with my husband over how a word is pronounced! ; )

Lots of your questions about membership will be answered here, plus a link to join:
https://www.writersdigestbookclub.com/help/new_member_faqs.cfm

And I promise I'm not getting a kickback from this non-paid public service announcement...I just thought of ACFW as I was leafing through my catalog this afternoon! : )

Thanks Deb!


Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Tricia! I'll most certainly look into this!

Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

I just joined the WDBC last month. :-D

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for posting this Tricia. I joined WDBC today!

Kathy said...

Thanks for the recommendations. You're a big help!

Tricia Goyer said...

Cool! I think I order at least one writing book every month ... if I only had time to read them all!