Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thursday Tip...ACFW!

I love having things to look forward to. Things to dream about and plan for. One of the things I'm dreaming, planning, and PREPPING for is the ACFW Conference coming in September.

Haven't heard of ACFW? Then let me tell you! ACFW stands for American Christian Fiction Writers. You can find out all about this organization by going to http://www.acfw.com/.

I joined about four years ago, yet this will be my first conference. I've heard so many wonderful things about it ... I can't wait!

One cool thing is that these writers have amazing taste. My novels Night Song and Dawn of a Thousand Nights have BOTH won Book of the Year for Historical Fiction from ACFW.

This conference also has EXCELLENT teachers. I'll be teaching a Continuing Session this year on Writing Historical Fiction. You can check out the other continuing sessions here: http://www.acfw.com/conference/sessions.shtml

Other teachers include Deborah Raney, Randy Ingermanson, Colleen Coble, Rachel Hauck, just to name a few!

Have I piqued your interested yet? If so, then maybe you'd be interested in joining me September 20 – 23, 2007 in Dallas, Texas. We can laugh and learn together ... won't that be fun?

I think so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hearing everyone rave about this conference *almost* makes me want to write fiction. LOL