Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Blogging Series...

For the next few weeks I'll be running a series on Blogs!

Blogs, BLOGS, Blogs...

What are they, who are they for, why are they effective, how to blog, and more. I encourage you all to leave your feedback and tips as well. I have lots of blogging experience, but I'd love to hear your blogging successes! Ever learning...

Last week we talked about the blog's scope and reach. Go here.

This week we're addressing:

Who? Who should blog?

I will not start by saying that everyone should blog. If the idea of having to write a daily on-line journal stresses you out, then blogging is not for you.

But you should consider blogging if you can say yes to any of the following:

  1. I want to build a larger readership.
  2. I want a larger web presence.
  3. I have more information about me, my writing, my life than I know what to do with.
  4. I am pretty technically savvy.
  5. I like to write.
  6. I like immediate feedback.
  7. I like free stuff. (You can set up a blog for free, and people often send you free stuff, like books if you promise to review them on your blog.)

If you answered yes to those things, then blogging may be for you.

And if you're already a blogger, check out my friend Amy's blog: 10 Signs You're a Blogging Addict!


2 comments:

Jen's Journey said...

I AM NOT an addict! I just love this stuff. I find it intriguing and informative, educational and fun. If you think this is denial - Let me remind you I love that word ... Sometimes ignorance IS bliss! Although I am not great at posting EVERY day, I love reading other posts and commenting...Like now. The info in my own head is stacking up. Now, need to go write that newest idea in my notebook. :)

Anonymous said...

i look forward to reading more about blogging
which i confess i love doing