Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Blogging series...A Blog Story

For the next few weeks I'll be running a series on Blogs!

Blogs, BLOGS, Blogs...

What are they, who are they for, why are they effective, how to blog, and more. I encourage you all to leave your feedback and tips as well. I have lots of blogging experience, but I'd love to hear your blogging successes! Ever learning...

Who is reading your blog? You never know.

This is a letter I received from someone who read my blog title Club Sandwich, which was about my balance between raising kids and caring for my grandmother in my home. (I cut it down for your benefit.)

Hi, Tricia.
My name is Melanie. I noticed from your post "Club Sandwich" that not only are you a member of the sandwich generation, but have had issues with your grandma's Medicare coverage. Because of that, I thought you might be interested in this campaign.
I should let you know that I am writing to you on behalf of Prilosec OTC . . .
More information about Prilosec OTC and the coverage gap can be found at here:
www.ManagePartD.com
I also have the applicable press information if you’re interested - you may also qualify for a free sample of Prilosec OTC that you or you one of your readers could try. Thank you very much for your time and consideration. If you're interested I have some other topics that should be of interest to Gen Xers that I'd be happy to send your way. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me personally.
Best,
Melanie
(who works for Prilosec OTC)

This story has a point: The world is starting to pay attention to bloggers as an easy and inexpensive way to spread the word of mouth about the product.

And don’t think blogging is going to go away. The generations growing up live in a digital world. They like instant information and interaction via the Internet. The new “neighborhoods” that kids grow up with has expanded world-wide.

If Prilosec OTC knows the power of connecting with people through blogging shouldn’t you?

2 comments:

Jen's Journey said...

So far, blogging has been wonderful for me. It has opened up my eyes to a whole new world and I have had a lot of positive comments. I feel as though I have gained a whole new support group. There have been blogs on family life, writing and some of my concerns. Everyone who has commented on each of my blogs has been a great support system. I receive feedback that I haven't been able to garner anywhere else.

I have to credit God and Tricia for guiding me to this great blessing called a blogging community. I feel like I have gained a part of myself that I had once lost.

Nighfala said...

I'm not sure I want to know who is reading my blog... it kinda creeps me out actually, which is why I have been so hesitant to do it. I honestly wonder though if anyone other than the friends and family I personally alert to updates ever look at it, and probably not many of those, either. I suppose flagging draws more attention to your blog, if you want that.

Interesting about the advertising angle. Is nothing sacred anymore?