Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Help an author out!

Author Christy Barritt needs your help! She's the author of fun and well-written Squeaky Clean Mystery Series!



Check them out here!

A message from Christy:

Hey influencers, friends, and readers!

I just got word from my publisher that better sales numbers are needed if the Squeaky Clean Mystery Series is to continue. The thought of not being able to finish Gabby's story with the third and final book in the series, Organized Grime, makes me incredibly sad. Most of us know that the publishing world can be tough, and apparently the Christian publishing world hasn't quite embraced Christian mysteries yet (that's what the sources tell me, at least!). My only hope of finishing this series is if sales numbers of Hazardous Duty and Suspicious Minds increase by Spring.

That's why I'm writing you! I'm sponsoring a contest called "Help Save the Squeaky Clean Mystery Series."

The premise is easy: send me an email, using the contest name as the subject, and tell me what you've been doing to spread the word about Hazardous Duty and Suspicious Minds. The first place winner will receive a $50 gift certificate to christianbook.com. Second-place winner will receive a snazzy musical Elvis Christmas ornament and some incredibly cute crime-scene tape bandaids. Third place winner will receive either the ornament or bandaids. Contest deadline is October 15.

I'll be looking for entries that demonstrate you're really trying to spread the word--either through book clubs, blogs, word of mouth, visiting bookstores, etc. If you can tell me about any direct sales due to your efforts, your entry will get special notice. Winners will be announced the first week of November. If anyone is interested, I still have some postage-paid postcards about the books, as well as bookmarks, that I can send you. Just let me know!

Thanks in advance for all you're doing to spread the word about the series.

Blessings!

Christy BarrittReporter ~ Chesapeake Clipper/Virginian-Pilot
http://www.christybarritt.com/
Mysteries that play havoc on the nerves and the funny boneSuspicious Minds: JUST RELEASED Hazardous Duty: Now on shelves!

So help an author out and spread the word and/or pick up a copy of Suspicious Minds for yourself!

Leave a comment telling me what your favorite mystery novel is and I'll enter your name into a drawing for a copy of Suspicious Minds!

No comments: