Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Friday, January 4, 2008

Character Arc...Robin Lee Hatcher

I asked some of my writer friends this question:

So, tell me. How did you change and grow during 2007? What was your character arch?

This is what my dear friend, Robin Lee Hatcher, had to say:

A few years back, I began asking the Lord in December for a word for the coming year. For 2007, He gave me two: Peace and Simplicity. After going through a long period of grief and loss in 2006, I was ready for both. I found myself paring down my life to the essentials, letting go of things that I might not have thought possible. In the spring, God told me to sell my house and downsize to something smaller and easier to care for. I gave away and gave away and gave away, determined to own the things God gave me and not to be owned by them. At year end, I would say that I am more at peace with my life and with the world around me. However, I don't believe I'm done with the simplifying process yet. That is still a work in progress.

Robin Lee Hatcher
http://www.robinleehatcher.com/
Robin is the author of more than 50 novels, Robin Lee Hatcher's awards include the Christy for Excellence in Christian Fiction and the RITA for Best Inspirational Romance. She makes her home outside of Boise. You can visit Robin at www.robinleehatcher.com

No comments: