Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Spirit of Truth...

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you in truth." John 16:13a

The call to be a Christian writer is an amazing thing. God has chosen us to take the spiritual things and translate them into stories that will touch people's hearts and encourage them in righteousness. How can we, as mere humans, do such a thing? Only through the Spirit of God!
The Spirit speaks to our hearts, and we are moved. He speaks to our eyes, and we see the way we should go. He speaks to our minds, and instructs us in what we should write. Feel his presence, see his path, and listen to his precise instructions -- the Spirit will guide you to truth!

I initially wrote the above words in 1996, yet I believe them as much (even more?) today then I did then. I can't think of one book that I felt I "hand a handle on" before I started writing. I am always questioning and doubting my own abilities. At the same time I'm believing and trusting God's abilities. I can't tell you how many times (100s!) when the right words, the right Scripture, the right person dropped into my path. these are ways God's Spirit works. Truth comes in mysterious and amazing ways as I seek God and watch for Him to work.

Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends! Last week's winner was Mrs. EL! She left a comment on Tricia's shoutlife page! Whoo-hoo! Congrats!

No comments: