Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

On Writing...

"The final test for a novel will be our affection for it, as it is the test of our friends, and of anything else which we can't define."
~~E.M. Forster

"I have tried simply to write the best I can; sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can."
~~Ernest Hemingway

"I shall live badly if I do not write, and I shall write badly if I do not live."
~~Francoise Sagan



Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Encouraging quotes. I found Hemingway's viewpoint fascinating. I wonder, as writers, if we ever feel we can write well enough. I suppose it's an ongoing process, staying committed to improvement even when we may never deem it "good enough."

Cheri said...

These are encouraging. This website has been an answer to prayer. I have dreamed of and felt called to write for along time and just now taking the steps. I look forward to more of your posts!