Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Monday, March 17, 2008

The art of tale...

(The art of a tale) does not simply consist in the author's telling a story about the adventures of some other person . . . It happens because the storyteller's own experience of men and things, whether for good or ill . . . has moved him to an emotion so passionate that he can no longer keep it shut up in his heart.
--Murasaki Shikibu

Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I think that passion is powerful and I'm trying to integrate that idea with one about knowing your purpose in the writing. I see that purpose, or point, to the writing as providing boundaries or maybe sculpting the passion? What do you think?