Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

To Answer Your Question...

Many of you have written asking about on-line writing courses. Are they worth the money and do they really help?

Here is Robert Hammond's answer--I'll post some more writer's opinions on this subject in my newsletter on May 1st!

Online courses can be great. I'm finishing my Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Creative Writing - screenwriting emphasis. I like that particular program because it is accredited and can transfer to another university Also the MFA degree allows one to teach Creative Writing at the college level. See: http://www.nu.edu/ I also know that many other colleges offer online programs, such as UCLA.. This may not be what you're looking for because it is quite a bit more expensive than many of the correspondence courses that are not accredited.

1 comment:

Nighfala said...

I was considering the Long Ridge Writer's Group course last year. I was accepted but couldn't afford the fees at the time so I declined. Has anyone here had experience with them?