Welcome to the blog of author Tricia Goyer!

Monday, May 28, 2007

My Prayer for You

May is almost over. How does that make you feel? Maybe you got a lot accomplished ... but perhaps you look back at the month with disappointment. After all, there is so much more you wanted to achieve. Either way, here is a prayer I'm praying for YOU.

Dear Lord, right now I pray that You will touch the heart of my writer-friend through Your Word and Spirit to guide and encourage. I pray, as it says in Colossians 3:15 that the peace of Christ will rule in this writer's heart.

I also thank you, Lord, that You care for the little sparrows. And ... that You care for this writer's concerns far, far more than that. I pray for the projects, the ideas, the goals ... they all seem so pressing, Lord, but You know what this writer desires to accomplish, and I pray that You will answer the numerous prayer requests in unexpected ways.

Also, Lord, I pray all the focus of this writer's work will stay centered on You. As it says in Colossians 3:23, I pray this work will be for the Lord rather than people. It is there, centered on You, that discernment and wisdom will be found.

I praise you, Lord, as it says in Mark 8:35 when we desire to give up our lives for Your sake, and for the sake of the Good News, that we will find true life.

In all these things may You, Jesus, be glorified. Amen.

P.S. Don't forget over the coming days and weeks to WATCH for how God will answer this prayer. Then, I want you to let me know the amazing ways God answers ... because I have confidence He will!

4 comments:

Nighfala said...

I have an answer to prayer already. I know this is going to sound corny but I'll say it anyway. I have really been wondering if God is involved in the story I'm writing right now, because it's not a "Christian" book, nor does it have any particular message. Sometimes it feels like a selfish waste of time which would be better spent serving my family.

My family and I just returned from a free weekend at a timeshare resort in the mountains several hours away. As we were driving there on Saturday and I was marvelling at the beauty around me, I was also taking careful note of the terrain since much of my story takes place in the mountains. I recalled that just a few weeks ago I was wondering if I could do the setting justice since it's been quite a while since I've been anywhere near rugged terrain. Suddenly I was overwhelmed with a sense of God's presence and the awareness that He gave us this trip in order to help me write my story. He reminded me again of his command not to let anything get in the way of writing... to just do it. The first thing I did after we got settled into our hotel was drag my husband and son for a hike in the nearest state park! What a blessing this weekend was!

I'm planning to put together a photo album and will post the link on my blog sometime this week.

Tricia Goyer said...

That is AWESOME Christine!

Today I "just happened" to pull a book off my shelf that's been there for about five years. I was reading it as I was on my exercise bike and it had exactly what I needed for my research in a writing track I'm teaching in September. (Check out www.acfw.com)

I was telling my husband and he said, "Isn't it cool God had you buy that book five years ago so you'd have it now."

Cool, indeed!

Jen's Journey said...

Wow! I needed this prayer. I just read it and prayed as I read it. It has been a hectic few days and I set aside my writing (the book) to tend to family needs and reporting needs. Now, have a few hours of time to work on the book writing. Thank you for the prayer, Tricia.

ebussey said...

Thanks for this beautiful prayer. I took on a teaching job for the last two weeks of school. I have been so busy that my writing was pushed aside.

There is also much going on in life with finances and my mom's upcoming brain surgery. This prayer was such a blessing to me.